I just wanted to share this wonderful story about Heather Davis’ success in overcoming obesity.
Heather Davis is a regular woman who by the age of 22 was dangerously overweight. She spent the better part of a decade suffering with obesity until one day when she made a decision.
I know that many women struggle with this, and it’s much more than just “body image” problems… it’s physically painful to carry around more weight than you need, not to mention dangerous to your health.
This post is to celebrate this woman’s success, and intended to inspire anyone who feels she could never accomplish something as powerful as shedding over 100 pounds of excess body weight. Check out this video, and if you have a moment… read her story.
She is what I consider A Contemporary Amazon.
Here are her 10 tips for success….
Heather Davis’ tips
1. Never let anyone tell you “You can’t.” Yes, you can.
2. Get as much social support as possible. Going to the gym with others is fun and motivating.
3. You will not be the biggest person in the gym and everyone will not be staring at you.
4. Some thin people in the gym used to be really heavy and they will applaud you.
5. Lose weight for you. Not because someone else tells you to. Also, know when to stop losing.
6. If you lose your way (fall off your diet), get right back into the saddle and try again.
7. Keep a calendar. Mark off every day you exercise and eat right. You will see the days rack up, and it will make you proud.
8. When you do lose weight, save one item from your heaviest weight. Look at it when you feel discouraged and you’ll see how far you’ve come.
9. Don’t let friends or family derail you. If you don’t want to eat something, it is OK to politely decline, but don’t go crazy. You don’t want to be “that person” at the lunch table.
10. If you want cheesecake or a sweet treat — eat it in moderation. Don’t deprive yourself of anything or you will get discouraged.
Here’s to your success in all things!